19 Week Comparison Front

19 Week Comparison Front
300 lbs, 248 lbs. - 52 lb weightloss

60 lbs down and still going!!!

60 lbs down and still going!!!

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day 114

It's a beautiful day here in Chicago.  Blue skys, it's warm outside, the perfect summer day.  I hope everyone is enjoying summer as much as I am.  I had a thought come over me this morning when I woke up.  Actually more of a question.  What inspires me?  Where do I draw energy from.  I have a few sources that I pull from on a daily basis.  First would be MUSIC.  I get so much pleasure out of listening to good music.  Every morning in our house we play music.  I truly feel it starts our day off right and it brings my family together and it makes us happy because of course we sing along to the songs.  Music fills the soul and gives us energy.  Second, I pull a LOT of energy from nature, from the trees, the sun, the moon, the stars, the grass, everything that is natural outside.  It just makes me smile!  I love being outside and just taking it all in and I give gratitude for this earth.  What a magnificent place to live.  Thirdly, I pull my energy from good books and good lectures.  There are SO MANY incredible teachers out there who have created works of art in their literature and their lectures that they give.  I was listening to Wayne Dyer and Deepak Chopra this morning and they talked about inspiration and the fact that we don't remember the names of the leaders in the past, but we do remember the names of the artist from the past.  The musicians, the artists, the poets, the writers.  I find that just fascinating and so true.  We have so many blessings in our life and I would pray that we continue to look within ourselves and start showing gratitude for our bodies, our minds, our souls and the food we put in it to fuel our bodies and really start loving ourselves, realize our self worth.  There are many things that I say out loud to myself everyday.  For instance:  I am loved, I am strong, I am worthy of all good things coming my way, I am worthy to be skinny, I love my body, I love my spirit, I am healthy, I eat healthy food, I give thanks for the food that I am eating to fuel my body, I am loved, I am loved, I am loved.   This is just a sample of my thought process that I have come to know is VITAL in my weight loss journey.  


I pray you all have a blessed day today.  I am taking Grace to the pool this afternoon and then onto Northwestern to pick up Emily & Tyler.  I FEEL SO MUCH LOVE in my life and for that I am grateful!  I made a quick video with Joe today that I will post next.


Training with Joe

  • warmed up on the SPIN bike for 15 mins.
  • We did 2 rotations today - 1st we did a Body Row - 12 reps - 5 sets - rotating with:
  • Step Ups with a Side Kick - 12 reps - each side - 5 sets
  • Next rotation - Gor Hammer - 12 reps - 5 sets - I DID NOT LIKE THESE, But I did them in my modified way. :):):) rotating with:
  • Decline Bench - 12 reps - 5 sets - 45 lbs, 55 lbs, 60 lbs, 50 lbs, 50 lbs
  • 1 hr. SPIN - Huge inspiration Spinning again today!  Love it!

Food
Breakfast
Honey Roasted Granola with Fresh Berries & Cherry Yogurt
Lunch
BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich on Whole Bun with Sauteed Mushrooms
Dinner
Home Style Crab Cake with Southwestern Corn Saute and Brown Rice with Pecans & Scallions
Snack
Buffalo Style Chicken Strips with Roasted Pearl Onion
Dessert
Mixed Fresh Berries with Creamy Ricotta Cheese Dip.







No comments:

Post a Comment