19 Week Comparison Front

19 Week Comparison Front
300 lbs, 248 lbs. - 52 lb weightloss

60 lbs down and still going!!!

60 lbs down and still going!!!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day 2


Day 2
I woke up beyond sore today in my legs. It's great! So I went to the lab and they took blood for my risk point to see where I am starting with my blood. I'm so excited to watch everything change from the inside out. I had to fast for this blood draw so I didn't eat breakfast until 8:45am. It was delicious! The picture is to the left. It was a piece of french toast stuffed with 3 slices of mango. About 6 red raspberries, and 1/4 cup of banana ricotta cheese. It was delicious. Although I had to eat in the car on the way to Lifetime (my gym). My appointment with Joe was at 9am.
WORKOUT
Before I forget, I was able to get my BodyBugg started and I'm wearing it for the 1st time today. I'm anxious to see how many calories I burn by the end of the day. I put into the bodybugg program that I'm eating 1200-1400 calories a day and that I would like to lose 5 lbs. a week. So the bodybugg program said I needed to burn 3600 calories a day in order to lose 5 lbs. a week. I am making that my goal each day, 3600 calories of burn. I will post my burn calories nightly. I got to the club and in our club the workout area is upstairs. Well let me tell you, I could hardly make it up the stairs. My legs were screaming at me from the workout I had yesterday. So I get up their and tell Joe I could hardly walk up the stairs and we both just laugh and he said "It feels good, doesn't it" I said "YEAH" although I was thinking NO!!! But really, I expect to be in muscular pain for the next few weeks until my muscles get used to exercise again. So he has me start off on the bike for 3 miles at level 11. Then we go to the Closed Lat Pulldown and I do 3 sets of 20 - 40 lbs 1st 2 sets and 30 lbs 3rd set. Then we go to the Hammer Seated Decline, 3 sets of 20. 1st set 20 lbs - I was BURNING by the time we got to 15. So then we lowered the weight to 10lbs and the last 2 sets were a struggle. So then Joe said lets work on cardio the rest of the time and I think great since my upper body is sore and my legs are sore, I think maybe the treadmill the rest of the time, but NOOOO! He said lets do the stepmill. SERIOUSLY JOE!!! I thought I was going to die!!! I couldn't walk up the stairs to get up to the gym and now you want me to do the stepmill. WHATEVER!!! So of course I complained, but Joe said it would make my legs feel better. At the time I thought he was crazy, but really, my legs didn't hurt any worse after I was done and it was good to stretch them out like that. So I did 10 floors and I thought I was going to die. But I didn't! We waited for my Heart Rate to drop down to the high 130's and then went for the 2nd set of 10 floors. Well, that wasn't happening. I got to floor 3 and my heart rate was already around 178 and climbing. I wanted to quit so bad, but I didn't, I just kept climbing. Joe noticed my HR and my breathing and he said we would do 4 sets of 5 floors and let me rest in between. So I thought that was doable. After my 2nd set of 5 floors, which I thought again I was going to die from, I got off the stepmill and of course was breathing deep to try and bring my HR down and out of nowhere this very sweaty lady comes up behind me, hugs me and says "I'm so proud of you, you can do it!" And then she ran off. Let me tell you, my emotions just poured out of me. For the 1st time, I felt accepted there. I felt that it was ok for my fat body to be in this club. For me, it has always been a struggle to go workout at clubs. 99% of the people in the clubs are in shape and for an overweight person, it's hard. I feel like everyone is looking at me, judging me, looking at me in disgust. It's really hard to be at a club and feel accepted. But today, I did. That stranger coming up and giving my that hug and words of encouragement made all the difference. I shed a few tears at that time and was more determined than ever to finish my last two sets. I DID IT!!! It was harder than hard, but I did it. I burned 440 calories during that workout and I felt great for accomplishing those 30 floors.
For my snack at 11:30am I had delicious cucumber sandwiches.

1 comment:

  1. I get so hungry looking at your pics of food!! YUMMERS!!!
    I am so proud of you & your work out! Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete