19 Week Comparison Front

19 Week Comparison Front
300 lbs, 248 lbs. - 52 lb weightloss

60 lbs down and still going!!!

60 lbs down and still going!!!

Friday, February 26, 2010

Day 5

Well let me tell you, I have learned my lesson! I ignored what my gut instinct was telling me to do and lo and behold, now I suffer. I woke up at 5am this morning to go to my new "team weightloss" class. So I left the house around 5:20 to get their on time. I ate my breakfast as I drove to class. BTW, for breakfast I had fresh strawberries and creamy banana oatmeal. There was 2 scoops of the oatmeal and I was only able to finish one of the scoop and all of the strawberries. So I ate the other scoop at 9am when I came out of the gym.

Team Weightloss
So the whole concept of team weightloss is to workout as a group for an hour 3 days a week. Every Friday you spend 30 minutes talking with a nutritionist and then have a 30 min workout. On Monday and Wednesday they typically spend the entire time doing the treadmill. I will put in our WO for the treadmill next week. But I guess on Fridays they like to change equipment. So Mark, the trainer, put us on the precor elliptical. Well earlier this week I wasn't able to do it. The motion just didn't feel right on my body. So here I am on this machine again, not feeling comfortable and after 5 minutes my knee locked up. Mark saw it happen and he told me to go get on the machine in front of us which was the Octane elliptical machine. I get started on that machine and within 20 seconds I had a sick feeling in my gut telling me to get off of this machine. It just didn't feel right. So I ignored that feeling and just pushed through since I just switched machines. So now I'm about 2 minutes into it, my body didn't feel right, and I really felt inclined to GET OFF. I ignored that feeling and just pushed through it. Well now I started feeling PAIN in both of my feet. It felt like I had sharp rocks in my shoes and I was trying to walk on them. But again, I worked through the pain. I wasn't going to stop. I finished 2 miles and the class ended and I went to go to the bathroom because I had about 20 minutes to wait until I trained with Joe. As I was walking the pain got worse and worse. I thought to myself, what the hell is in both of your shoes. I was really mad about it. I could hardly walk. Hello! I don't need an injury on both of my feet on day 5. So I go into the bathroom, take off my shoes and examined them. I didn't see anything wrong with them. So I take off my socks. There's the problem. I had 2 HUGE blisters on BOTH FEET. On the insides of my feet. SERIOUSLY!!! So I went out and got some bandaids to protect them and then just did some ab work until I met with Joe. Lesson to be learned here. ALWAYS LISTEN TO YOUR GUT. ALWAYS FOLLOW YOUR INSTINCTS. My gut told me to get off that machine. I listened the first time, but not the second. One thing that I have learned from the books that I have read is that your gut (instinct) NEVER LIES. It ONLY SPEAKS TRUTH. My gut told me twice to get off those machines. I only listened to it once and now I'm injured. I'm so mad at myself. Your head will lie to you every time, your gut never lies. That is truth. So I've learned my lesson the hard way. The only elliptical machine I can do right now at this weight is the Lifetime elliptical. I have to listen to what my body is saying.
Workout with Joe
Of course Joe saw me limping and I told him what happened. JOY! We still had a great workout though. Here's what we did.
He had me start off laying face down on the massage table with one arm dangling off. Then he gave me a 3 lb weight and had me do what he calls Y's and I's. So the Y is where you have the palm down, straight arm and raise the arm up and it looks like you're making a Y. Then the I's are where you turn your palm to the side and raise up. I did 2 sets of 15. They were hard and painful. It's great! I need desperately to strengthen my shoulders and Joe knows that. So he wants me to do the Y's & I's everyday. Here is the rest of our workout.
  • 2.5 miles on the bike
  • Freemotion Row - 3 sets of 30 at 30 lbs.
  • Freemotion Press - 3 sets of 30 at 15 lbs.
  • Abdominal Nautilus - 3 sets of 30 at 60 lbs. (I got a MAJOR cramp so while we waited for it to go away he put me on the arm bike and then I went back and was able to finish my sets)
  • arm bike - .5 miles - level 12 - NOT FUN
791 calories burned throughout the workouts.

I had Jeremy drop off the kids at the gym since they don't have school today and we went to the doctor for Grace's physical. Then we came home and we have had a day of cleaning. What Fun! I had my 1st snack at 10:30 - it was a delicious Peanut Butter Chip Muffin. I ate lunch at 1:00 and it was a HUGE grilled turkey burger on a whole wheat bun with lettuce, tomato & Dijonaise, although I didn't eat the tomato or Dijonaise. I will eat my 2nd snack at 3:00 and it is going to be Sauteed Pineapple with Key Lime Yogurt Topped with Toasted Coconut Flakes. For dinner I am having Cajun rubbed grilled skirt steak with tri-color couscous and sweet baby peas. I plan on eating that around 5:30 and then I'm going to the movies with my husband. This will be the 1st time in a long time that I am going to the movies and NOT getting popcorn and a sprite. This will be my biggest challenge yet tonight. I am bringing my water bottle and gum with me. :) Happy Friday!





2 comments:

  1. EXTRA gum should make a 'popcorn' flavor. That would ROCK! Okay, maybe not, but the idea of it sounds great.
    Great job. Sorry about the blisters!! You are RIGHT always listen to your instinct!
    Have a great night.

    ReplyDelete