19 Week Comparison Front

19 Week Comparison Front
300 lbs, 248 lbs. - 52 lb weightloss

60 lbs down and still going!!!

60 lbs down and still going!!!

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Day 7 - Week One - CHECK

I made it!!! 7 days down and I didn't cheat once. It's a miracle! :) Honestly, I'm excited. This weekend I was faced with a LOT of food temptations in my house and I stuck to the Fresh Diet ONLY. I'm so proud of myself. I can tell already that weekends are going to be challenging, more mentally than physically. I feel so strong though. I really try and cook daily for my kids, however this last week has been difficult for me to cook because of me trying to get used to eating my food. But I am way more confident in myself now. I find that drinking a LOT of water and chewing gum REALLY HELP ME get through my cravings. Also, on this diet you are eating every 2-3 hours and so that helps too. Today's meals seem to be bigger. I used to be able to eat a lot of food and now when I eat, I feel full SO FAST. It's such a weird and unusual feeling. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining at all, I'm just in awe of my body. I've only been eating the Fresh Diet for a week and already I get full fast. This is marvelous to me.
MENU PLANNING
I sat down with my kids and we had a LONG talk about food and portions and what it means to eat healthy. I want them to eat like I am. We got rid of all the junk food in our house and I am going to make sure we stay stocked up with fresh fruits and veggies at all time. So in our garage we have a sub zero, a stand up freezer and then a regular refrigerator/freezer in our kitchen. As you can see, lots of freezer space. And let me tell you, my freezers are full. I plan on taking a FULL inventory of what's in them this week and really organize my food and PLAN, PLAN, PLAN. The kids and I planned a menu for the next week. I've never done this before and I really think it's going to help with my time management. I LOVE to cook and I'm really going to have my kids try healthier alternatives. I'm a huge baker, but my kids and I agreed that there will be no baking except for bread in our house. I have such a sweet tooth and I just don't need baked goods in the house either. I really want my kids to try new foods, especially Gracie. She does not like veggies. The only way I get her to eat green veggies is when I put them in her fruit smoothies. We own a Vita Mix blender and I try and make the kids a fresh fruit drink smoothie for when they get home from school. I typically will put red grapes, kiwi, orange, strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, apple and ice and blend it up smooth, however I can always sneak in frozen spinach leaves and carrots and they never know. It's my little secret. When you freeze fresh spinach leaves they turn into a paper consistency. It's great! I throw a handful into the blender and you don't even taste it. If anyone has any great ways they get their kids to eat veggies please share. :):)
TAXES
I spent most of today working on taxes. I have a LONG way to go and a very limited time to finish them. I haven't worked out yet. I'm actually about to go downstairs at 7:30 tonight with my kids and we are all going to do a workout together. It should be fun. They love exercising together, I do too.
FOOD TODAY
So on menu today I had the following: 7am - I had Honey Roasted Granola with Fresh diced pineapple and passion fruit yogurt. It was delicious, however it took me awhile to eat it all because there was so much of it. I had my snack at 10:30am and it was a Buffalo Style Chicken Strip with pearl onions. MMM, MMM good. Lunch was at 1:00 and it was spicy chicken enchilada soup. I will definitely be ordering this again. I LOVE spicy food. 3:00 I had Tropical dried fruit with pina colada yogurt. OMG - It was actually sinful to eat this. Seriously, it had dried cherries, bananas & pineapple. When you dry pineapple all the natural sugars come out and let me tell you, it was like eating candy. I LOVE tropical fruits and this snack was my favorite! I ate dinner at 6:00. It was stir fry chicken bamboo shoots, shredded carrots, chinese black rice and sauteed button mushrooms. NUMMY and very filling! I had trouble eating all of this too only because I was full fast. Weird!
I'm headed down to exercise. Have a great night! I just realized I weigh in tomorrow. JOY! I really don't like the scale. I have friends that are obsessed with the scale and I just am not. I hate seeing my weight. I know it's a reality check for most people, for me, it's just a negative depressing. I really want to be able to change my views on the scale. I hope I can soon since I have to step on it every week.






1 comment:

  1. I have no clue which friends you could be talking about that are obsessed with the scale. Can't even imagine who that could be. hmmmm..... ;)
    You'll do great. Once you start seeing that number go down EVERY TIME it won't be 'no thang'
    I am so proud of you! Keep up the GREAT work my friend.

    ReplyDelete