19 Week Comparison Front

19 Week Comparison Front
300 lbs, 248 lbs. - 52 lb weightloss

60 lbs down and still going!!!

60 lbs down and still going!!!

Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Adventures of Breckenridge, Colorado



I thought I would use my blog this next week as a journal.  I hope you don't mind.  We arrived in Breckenridge, Colorado last night.  The trip to get here was pretty uneventful.  It took us about 4 hours to drive here only because of bumper to bumper traffic in Denver.  I immediately felt both the altitude and the dryness.  Last night I drank 4 liters of water throughout the night.  It was crazy.  I took my melatonin and it didn't help.  I would say last night was one of worst nights of sleep I've had in a long time.  I was awake every 10 minutes.  I don't know why.  Probably the dryness and altitude.  I had a pressure headache from the altitude last night but today I'm all adjusted. 

Today we fulfilled a dream of mine.  We went to a BBQ Challenge Festival in Frisco, CO.  I love to watch the Food Network and I've always seen these BBQ challenges and I've always thought it would be SO MUCH FUN to attend one.  Well, Frisco, which is about 15 mins away happened to have one this weekend, so we went and let me tell you, it was as fun as it looks on tv.  Frisco closed down mainstreet and it went on for about  blocks.  It was awesome.  The smell in the air was insane!!!  Honestly, if I wasn't trying to lose weight so bad I would have had a field day trying all the BBQ.  But I was good.  I had a sample of pulled pork from one person, which is a small dixie cup filled with pork.  Let me tell you, HEAVEN!!!  Then I had a few bites of corn on the cob.  That was great too!  Jeremy & the kids all got to ride a mechanical bull and we even watched Pig Races.  It was hilarious!  I think we ended up staying for around 4 hours.  I went into a few of the little stores along the street.  So much fun!!!  VIKING was one of their sponsors and that is my dream, to have a VIKING kitchen.  I LOVE to cook!  So I was able to show Jeremy a VIKING oven up close and he was impressed.  One Day!!!  That's on my vision board too.

Then we decided to go over the mountain to go to Costco for some essential.  Well we ended up going to Costco, Best Buy, REI, Apple & Walgreens.  We didn't get home until 8:30 tonight.  It was a long day, but we had fun and got all our errands done.  Grace has a cold so I hope she is feeling better by tomorrow.  We bought hydration packs for me & the kids, Jeremy already has one.  We plan on taking them with us everyday.  The kids think they are SO COOL!!!  We are staying at a Marriott timeshare, so we have a full kitchen which is now stocked with groceries.  I always cook when we vacation.  We typically only eat out a few of our meals.  It's so expensive for 5 people to eat at a restaurant.  We went last night and all I had was a side salad and soup and the kids got burgers and our bill was $80.  Hence, the reason I cook!  My kids like homecooked meals better anyways.  Healthier too!  I would say they eat 95% FRESH along with me.  It's been so good for them.  Now if I can just cut out their soda and juice intake, I'll be happy.  I only bought bottled water and juice for them for this trip. 

I feel REALLY GOOD about the food I've eaten so far.  The only downer has been my water intake today.  I always know that if my pee is clear, then I'm good to go, let's just say it's not clear.  I should get rehydrated tonight. :):):)

They have a FANTASTIC gym here at the hotel and so tomorrow I am going to do a FULL workout.  I will post that tomorrow.  Paintball is on the schedule for tomorrow.  Tyler is the most excited about this activity.  Grace isn't old enough so her & I are going to walk down Main St. in Breckenridge tomorrow and do some window shopping.  We also might go swimming.  We shall see.  Jeremy's dad, step mom, and 15 yr. old brother are driving in from Utah tomorrow.  They will visiting with us until Tuesday.  The kids are excited to see their Grandpa.  Grace doesn't even remember him.  She was 2 the last time we saw them. 

Colorado is such a BEAUTIFUL, HEAVENLY place.  I totally would live here.  It's the best place to be active and healthy in the outdoors.  I love, love, love the mountains.  I cannot tell you how many times I said "LOOK, IT"S SO BEAUTIFUL".  I am awed and amazed at the beauty of the country we live in.  America is just amazing!  So picturesque. 

That's it for tonight.  Talk with you tomorrow!

1 comment: