19 Week Comparison Front

19 Week Comparison Front
300 lbs, 248 lbs. - 52 lb weightloss

60 lbs down and still going!!!

60 lbs down and still going!!!

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Glenwood Springs, Colorado

I woke up at 5:45am this morning and went and worked out.  Hooray for me!  Here's what I did:

Training in Colorado

  • I warmed up on the bike for 10 mins.  They don't have a SPIN bike so I could only last 10 mins.  BORING!!!
  • I did upper body today.  A rotation of 4 things for 6 rotations.  Each exercise I did 10 reps, so all in all I ended up doing 60 of each exercise.  Here's the rotation
  • Chest Press - 40 lbs
  • Fixed Pulldown - 70 lbs.
  • Tricep Extension - 50 lbs.
  • Bicep Curl - 40 lbs.   These were all done on Lifetime Machines
  • Next I did an ab rotation which I am still feeling and I will probably feel for the next few days.  LOVE IT!  For this rotation I did 3 sets of 20
  • Stability Ball sit ups while holding an 8 lb ball.  These I did while holding my arms straight out in front of me and as I came back I would bring the ball back and forth with me.
  • Choppers - each side.  8 lb ball.
  • Lastly I did Romanian Deadlifts with a 40 lb dumbbell
We are on our way to Glenwood Springs today to go to the strawberry fest and then head on over to the adventure camp for the alpine slide and a variety of other activities.  So excited for today.  Jeremy's family is going to meet up with us there.  I will update this post tonight.

OK!  So it's 11:02pm and I'm sitting in the hotel room waiting for my clothes to dry so I thought I would update this entry.

Today by far has been my favorite day.  We took a 1 1/2 drive out west to Glenwood Springs.  The drive was just breathtaking.  I think I must have say "WOW, THAT IS JUST BEAUTIFUL" a few hundred times today.  I get so much energy from here.  I can't even describe it.  I get emotional looking at this incredibly beautiful world Heavenly Father has created for us.  Just amazing!  The trees out here are stunning!  There is running water everywhere.  And the rock formations and canyons, amazing!  I love it!

The first thing we did at Glenwood Springs was attend the strawberry festival that was going on in the center of town.  I know, 2 festival in 2 days and they both revolve around food.  LOL!  Although we only went to the craft show at this fest.  For those of you who know me, you know I cannot pass up a craft show.  It was OK, I only bought a few little things.  We ate NO FOOD AT ALL!!!  In fact, we forgot to eat lunch and so by the time we came down the mountain it was after 6 and all us had eaten breakfast around 7am and that's it.  The weird thing is that none of us were hungry.  I can see why everyone in Colorado is in shape.  It's easy to do.  You never think about food or your next meal.  It's great!

After the fest we went to the Canyon Adventure and we got a day pass and so we were able to do everything as much as we wanted to do.    Talk about BREATHTAKING!!!  WOW!!!  We first did a 70 min tour through 2 caves.  That was incredible.  Then the kids did the bungee trampolines and the spelunking maze which simulated having to scoot your way through small opening and tight curves.  Then we watched 3 different 4D movies.  Then we did the Alpine Slide around 5 x's. This was by far my MOST FAVORITE thing I have EVER DONE!!!  You sit in a single person coaster and the slide goes all the way down the mountain.  I bought the pics that they take while we were doing it and I will post them next week when I get home.  I was screaming most of the way down.  It takes you ALL THE WAY DOWN the mountain and then it takes about 10 mins to slowly go back up the mountain.  PURE JOY on that slide.  The scenery was god like.  Just amazing!  Then the kids rode a bull and then we went through a HUGE MAZE and then they did lazer tag and then Jeremy, Emily & Grace went on the GIGANTIC SWING that swings you over the canyon.  They say you get up to 3 G's on it.  It's scary just watching, I could never imagine doing it.  Grace had the look of pure terror as she rode it.  HILARIOUS!!!  Finally the kids all panned for gems.  It was such a FUN memory building day.

Tomorrow we go white water rafting down the Arkansas River.  We are doing the Brown's Canyon Sizzler.  8 full hours of rafting.  I'm so excited for this.  Although our tour guide that took us through the caves said these were the worst rapids she has seen in years because they had so much snow over the winter.  We drove past the Colorado and we saw some insane rapids.  So we shall see how it is tomorrow!

Have a great night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment