19 Week Comparison Front

19 Week Comparison Front
300 lbs, 248 lbs. - 52 lb weightloss

60 lbs down and still going!!!

60 lbs down and still going!!!

Monday, June 14, 2010

Day 107

I'm SO HAPPY that I'm eating The Fresh Diet again!!!!  Can I get an OH YEAH!!!!!  I haven't been able to eat solid food for a week and I didn't exercise like I usually do this last week.  So I had a 1 lb loss and I am GRATEFUL for that.  I wasn't sure I would lose anything, but a pound is still a pound.  I have now lost a total of 46 lbs. I have been on the program for 16 weeks now.  I feel so much stronger now than I have ever felt in my life and I know I will continue to grow in strength, physically, but more importantly mentally!


A few weeks ago Joe & I tested the vitamins and a few other items with what I believe is called kinesiology.  So the basis of this test is to determine what is and isn't good for you.  To do this test, Joe had me lay down and put my left arm straight up in the air and hold it there strong as he would then try and push it down.  He first told me to think of a truth, which I did and he couldn't push it down.  Next he told me to think of a lie, which I did and my arm immediately went down.  Your body can only speak truth.  It knows what is and isn't good for it.  So I then had 36 different items from vitamins, teas, sugar, equal, you name it, I tested it.  I actually put each item in an envelope that was numbered so I wouldn't know what was being tested and then Joe would put that envelope in my right hand and I would hold it to my chest and then we would do the test.  If my arm stayed strong, it's good for me, if it went down and went limp, bad for me.  So we found out there were a few supplements that I had that were no good for me.  Also, interestingly enough, the Senna tea and Dandelion tea I was drinking wasn't good for me.  I have done this test with my kids.  They LOVE doing it.  The funny thing is, ever since I did my kids, they will not go near any of the items that came up BAD for them, like candy.  It's GREAT!!!  So now I am ONLY drinking water.  No more tea. :(:(:(  It's fine though because the supplements that I've been taking from ELEMENTS are doing the trick.  I had issues with bloating and constipation and when that happened I would drink the Senna and Dandelion tea.  But since I've been taking the supplements, I've been fine in those areas.  So I drink water, water and more water.  I know, boring, but it makes me feel even that much more healthier.  I drink anywhere from 6-10 32 oz. bottles of water a day.


I always talk a lot about vision.  Having a sincere and direct VISION of the person you know you are.  I have a VISION BOARD in my office with a lot of pictures of very physical women.  I think it's great to be able to help myself visualize the person I am becoming.  I think it's so important that we all start not only loving ourselves, but loving our bodies.  Show gratitude to the body that you've been blessed with.  When I exercise, I usually endure a lot of pain, especially in my shoulders.  But I bless that pain, I am grateful that I have this wonderful body and that it is able to sustain the physical exercise that I am doing to it.  I love my body.  I have embraced my body.  I challenge you the next time you get out of the shower, put lotion on your body and as you are doing so, give thanks for each and every body part that you are taking care of.  Just that little thing will make you feel like a million bucks.  I guarantee it!  I used to never put lotion, WHY?  Because I hated my body, I didn't like myself very much back then, but now I have come to realize that I need to always focus on the positive and focus on not only loving myself on the inside, but also on the outside.  ATTENTION EQUALS LOVE!!!!!!  If you are paying attention to your body and it's needs, like putting lotion on it, making sure you are eating healthy and fresh, drinking the adequate amount of water, then you will begin to love your body and start loving yourself.  Because remember that Energy Flows Where Attention Goes!!!  Your body needs energy, so start giving it the attention that it so needs and deserves.  Ask yourself these questions - What do I love about my body?  What do I appreciate about my body?  Look at your feet, Why do you appreciate them.  These are the questions I continue to ask myself and I continue to amaze myself at the answers.  Believe me, they change daily.  But I am living my dream, I am at peace with myself and I love who I am and who I am becoming.


I am SO GRATEFUL for THE FRESH DIET and all that it has brought into my life.  I am learning to eat the right portions.  I know everything I put into my mouth is healthy for me.  I have experienced so many new foods and new taste sensations on this new way of life for me.  I am so grateful for the food that I eat and especially grateful to all those involved in preparing the food I eat.  So a big THANK YOU to the entire Fresh Diet Crew.  You are helping me change my life, live healthier, get in shape and really giving me the opportunity to LIVE!!!


I must also express DEEP GRATITUDE to my trainer - Joe Ghanem.  Honestly, he has put up with all of my ups and downs and ins and outs and I am grateful for that.  He has definitely seen me at my lowest and now he is continuing to see me at my highest.  He pushes me 5 days a week to be stronger, to build muscle in my body and to encourage me that everything I do is possible.  I have been training for 16 weeks now and I have NEVER done the same workout twice.  It's new and more challenging everyday.  I love that!  He is pushing me to my extremes and I am grateful for that.  The exercise I am doing is HARD.  I have never left the club saying, oh that was easy. It's not, it's hard, but well worth the effort.  I love it!!!  Am I sore, yes, but it feels great.  I feel like my body is constantly changing and I am grateful for that.  I can definitely endure more physical activity.  I still can't run, but I know I will have the ability to do that too one day.  I just keep pushing myself each day to be stronger and more active throughout my day.  It's definitely making a difference in my life.  With that said, here's what we did today.


Training with Joe

  • Spin 30 mins
  • We did a rotation of 3 exercises for 6 sets.
  • Single Arm Dumbbell Snatches - 20 lbs - 5 x's each arm
  • Reverse weighted Crunches - 5 lbs. - 15 x's
  • American Kettle Ball Swings - 25 lbs - 20 x's
Food
Breakfast
Apple Ricotta Cheese Crepes with Fresh Strawberries
Lunch
Philly Cheese Steak Whole Wheat Wrap with Sauteed Bell Pepper & Mozzarella Cheese
Dinner
Grilled Chicken Breast with Raspberry Chipotle Sauce with Whole Wheat Linguine Pasta and Baby Farmer Carrots
Snack
Mushroom Crowns Filled with Pesto Chicken
Dessert
Mini Whole Wheat Sweet & Sour Sloppy Joe









3 comments:

  1. k, so I've just been sitting here staring at your before & after (thus far). WOW!.....WOW WOW WOW!
    I know you are feeling great! So glad things are clicking for you. You look amazing! Keep up the incredible work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jim & Sara. I am feeling GREAT!

    ReplyDelete