19 Week Comparison Front

19 Week Comparison Front
300 lbs, 248 lbs. - 52 lb weightloss

60 lbs down and still going!!!

60 lbs down and still going!!!

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Day 109

So I woke up yesterday feeling completely exhausted.  I had only gotten 2 1/2 hrs. of sleep the night before. 


I'm not sure if I have ever talked about my past medical history before.  I have had 39 operations in my life, 18 of which were shoulder surgeries (hence the MAJOR scars in all my pics) and I also suffered a stroke about 3 years ago and was partially paralyzed on my right side.  So for me to get up and workout everyday and push my self to extremes is such a BIG thing for me personally.  I feel so strong and so capable of the exercise that I am doing.  Literally 3 years ago, I was learning to walk normal again and now I am able to jog.  How crazy is that!  Who would have ever thought I would become what I am becoming.  I always knew I had this in me, and I am SO GRATEFUL to The Fresh Diet and my trainer, Joe Ghanem and EVERYONE who is supporting me and cheering me on this journey of mine.  So why did I only get 2 1/2 hrs. of sleep you ask.  Well let me tell you.  I have issues with pain.  Some doctors told me I have fibromialgia (SP???).  Who knows though.  I don't EVER take anything for the pain, I don't like meds, I don't think I need them.  I can endure SO MUCH PAIN.  It's always been with me and I just deal with it.  Well, I have some night where the pain doesn't allow me to rest.  I started taking Melanomin (sp?) a few weeks ago because that is a natural supplement and it really puts me to sleep.  I have never been one to get that deep REM sleep (where your body recovers) (I've gone through so many sleep studies and they all came out the same, no REM, ever), but these last few weeks after I discovered the melanomin, I have been going to sleep and not waking up until my alarm goes off.  In fact on Monday night I got 7 hrs. straight of sleep.  I cannot remember EVER getting that much sleep.  So Wednesday night came about, I took the melanomin, but the pain WON out that night.  It was extreme and I just kept repeating in my head how grateful I am that the sleep I get will be restful and I will wake up with tons of energy.  Guess what, even though I only had 2 1/2 hrs, they were restful and I had energy all day long!  I'm so grateful for that!  I love my body and the fact that even though I have pain, it is NOT STOPPING ME.  I have a vision of how I want to look and feel and I am making that happen.  I'm grateful for all that my body is doing for me.  Yeah, I might have pain, but so what, it's not stopping me ever again.  I am strong and I am living my dream.


Training with Joe

  • 20 mins SPIN - warmup
  • So of course Joe asked me how much sleep I got and when I told him I only had 2 1/2 hrs but I felt great he said ok, get your things.  I did and he said we were going outside.  So I thought great, we'll train outside, how fun.  Well we ended up taking an hour long nature walk.  There is a forest preserve right across the street from the gym and we just walked and talked the whole time.  It was just what I needed.  I'm so grateful that Joe is very keen on what my needs are.  He knew I didn't get much sleep and being out in nature just renewed me and gave me the energy I needed to get me through the day yesterday.  I ended up taking the kids to WI for a fun day at Action Territory and I was on my feet my 7hrs straight.  But no problem.  I came home and still had energy.  I love that!
  • Of course I did my 1 hr. of SPIN also.


Food

Breakfast
Fresh Fruit Salad with Pineapple, Strawberry, Orange, Watermelon, Blueberry & Blueberry Vanilla Ricotta Cheese
Lunch
California Style Wrap with Avocado, Baby Lettuce, Roasted Turkey, Monterey-Jack Cheese and Fresh Chunky Salsa.
Dinner
Tender Beef Fillet with BBQ Bourbon Sauce with Sweet Baby Peas and Roasted Shallots
Snack
Sweet Potato Chips with Fresh Guacamole Dip
Dessert
Peach Cheese Cake







No comments:

Post a Comment