19 Week Comparison Front

19 Week Comparison Front
300 lbs, 248 lbs. - 52 lb weightloss

60 lbs down and still going!!!

60 lbs down and still going!!!

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day 9 - Part 2

It's 5:00 and I am just now eating my snack. It is SO GOOD!!! It take exactly like the chicken pesto pizza they make at Lifetime Fitness. Weird, but delicious. So typically I would be sitting at the dance studio right now, but Grace came home sick and Emily is still sick. So being home has allowed me to get more laundry done and some housework done. After I posted the last blog I prepared a pork roast for my family and now I'm about to do the side dishes for their meal. I pre-planned a menu for the kids for the next week and so far so good. I'm really trying to cook just what they will eat so we don't have any leftovers. I did good yesterday. They had tacos and literally, we have no leftovers except for tortilla shells which I can use to make some snacks for them. The pork roast came from Sam's Club, so you know it's big. I cut it up into 3 sections and froze 2 of them. So now I have 3 meals out of one roast. Woo Hoo for me. I'm surprised that I'm still able to cook for my family, but eat only my meals. My kids are my food cops. They ask me every single day what I am eating, in fact they all have tasted one thing or another and loved it. They ALWAYS ask me when they walk in the door how my exercise has gone for the day, what did I do, what did I eat, how I am feeling. I LOVE MY KIDS. They are my biggest cheer leaders in all of this. In fact the few times when I made myself tea they yelled at me saying it's not part of my diet. When I assure them, I can drink tea. They always say, you are only allowed to drink water or propel. It's so funny, but I need my tea. Especially since I don't have my chai latte from Starbucks.

We stopped at Target on the way home from Lifetime yesterday to pick up some produce and meat and I am amazed at how much less money I spend now that I am not buying any processed foods. I always thought it was more expensive to eat healthy, but honestly now that I only buy fresh foods and not all the CRAP food I usually buy, it's cheaper. I am making a vegetable medley for the kids tonight. I hope they eat it. They have to get used to eating healthy too. I have completely cut back their sugar intake and crap food intake since I threw it all out and I'm hoping their taste buds will change and that they will start liking the healthier foods. Emily & Tyler both had an apple with peanut butter today, so I was happy for their choice. Grace had water with a few saltine crackers since she is sick. Poor little girl. So I'm hoping and praying we all have a positive change in my journey.

Two things are getting me through all of this and they are water and Eclipse Gum. OMG - I would die if I didn't have my gum to chew. I ALWAYS chew gum when I work out. I don't know why, but I can't work out unless I am chewing gum. Then if I ever get a craving I pop in my gum and the craving is gone.

One more thing that is on my mind. So I was thinking about my weightloss and how I only lost 3 pounds and how is it possible that I only lost 3 lbs. Then I thought of my weigh in. I weighed in on February 12th but didn't start the diet and exercise until February 22nd. The day of the 12 was when my sweet Grandma Belle was given 12 hours to live. She ended up living until Tuesday the 16th. Then we had her funeral on the 19th and I started on the 22nd but I never re-weighed myself on the 22nd. It never crossed my mind and I'm sure it never crossed Joe's mind. So I wonder if I possible gained weight during those 10 days before I started and we never new it. Which wouldn't surprise me if I did because when I was with Grandma those last few days of her life I ordered in almost every meal. And I was snacking at all hours and my stress levels were at their maximum. So if I had to guess, I started this diet heavier than 300 lbs. Who knows though. It still bothers me. I'm anxious to see what next Monday brings. I'm just going to take it one day at a time. With that I'm signing off for the night. Goodnight to all.

I had to come on and edit this post. So I just fed my kids dinner and I cannot believe it, Grace ate and liked the vegetable medley. Seriously, am I in the right house and is this my daughter. My prayers are being answered. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment