19 Week Comparison Front

19 Week Comparison Front
300 lbs, 248 lbs. - 52 lb weightloss

60 lbs down and still going!!!

60 lbs down and still going!!!

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Day 74

I slept in today.  Well at least until 6, which for me is sleeping in.  I texted  Joe last night and we agreed to meet later on today to workout.  I just haven't been feeling too good these last few days.  Even this morning I had a muffin for breakfast and I totally struggled to eat it all.  It's weird, some days I feel like I'm eating too much and other days I'm fine.  I feel VERY bloated today and just yucky.  Emily is home sick.  She came home from school with a high fever.  So I think both Em & I are fighting something.  I just pray for energy today.  I'll post my workout a little later today.


I'm happy to report, no headache this afternoon like the last two days.  I really don't like afternoon workouts, but I did and I feel GREAT!!!


I read a great quote the other day that I would like to share with you.  "Influence, like all Life's Power, flows through you versus from you. To have influence you must first be influenced."  So I thought about that, what is influencing me?  Right now, my trainer.  My gym that I go to.  Honestly, seeing a great body and envisioning myself that way is huge for me.  I definitely have a clear VISION of how I want to look and I that is what keeps me going.  I am learning what it means to Live in the Flow of my life and how I am choosing to live it.  I choose happiness, I choose to be healthy, I choose to exercise, I choose to live in the moment, I choose to create a happy, clean, loving atmosphere to raise my children in, I choose to love myself and be loved, I choose joy, what are you choosing in your life?  I put my energy to those things in my life that I want to see happen, that I want to succeed in.  Remember, "Energy Flows Where Attention Goes"!!!




Training
So I was at the mall returning something before I went to the club to train with Joe and then I got a text from Joe.  He had to cancel.  I thought no big deal, I could do a workout on my own. I took my time looking around the mall and got out to my car and I thought, If I don't go in, no one would know.  I could just go home and relax.  I could take the day off, this is GREAT!!! That was the EVIL side of me, then the GOOD side of me said WAKE UP - YOU NEED TO WORKOUT!!!!  Well, I'm happy to report the GOOD side won.  I had a CRAZY INTENSE workout by myself today and I must say how proud I am of myself.  It also made me realize what a luxury it is to have Joe train me 5 days a week.  He pushes to work harder with every workout and today I had to push myself.  I'm not as fun as Joe is with pushing me. :)  But I did it, here's what I did:

  • Warmed up for 10 minutes on the arc trainer
  • I did a HUGE ROTATION TODAY - 4x's - This is what I did:
  • 50 jump ropes - btw I did 35 straight today.  WOOHOO a new record for me!
  • 20 push ups
  • 20 dead lifts with the 20 lb. soft ball
  • 20 tricep extension while laying on the stability ball - 20lbs.
  • 20 barbell curl - 18 lbs.
  • 20 crunches
  • Then I went onto the abduction and adduction machine and did 4 sets of 25 at 95lbs.
  • Next I did the Nautilus total abs machine - 2 sets of 25 - 65lbs
  • I also threw in the assisted dip machine just because it's SO MUCH FUN to do.  So I did 2 sets of 20.
  • Finally I ended my workout with a 45 min ride on the SPIN bike.  I really surprised and amazed myself today.  I did all that by myself.  I was very happy with my workout.  I came out of my workout soaking wet.  I always know it's been a great workout when my clothes are dripping wet.    So kudos for me today. :):):)  As I'm writing this my abs keep on having involuntary spasms.  I LOVE THAT FEELING!!!!  I worked hard today, but I'm SO GRATEFUL to have Joe back tomorrow!!!



Food

Breakfast
Cherry Vanilla Whole Wheat Muffin with Fresh Apple & Wild Berry Yogurt
Lunch
Smoked Turkey Salad with Artichoke Hearts, Shredded Carrots, Baby Lettuce & Tart Cherry Vinaigrette
Dinner
Grilled Chicken Breast with Sweet & Sour Sauce with Creamy Herbed Quinoa and Sweet Baby Peas
Snack
Crispy Chicken Tenders with Ranch Dip
Dessert
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies






3 comments:

  1. Way to go Donna! You know how it's done. You know what your body needs. Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Donna! Good for you for getting such a hard core workout in without your trainer. I'm really impressed by your efforts at the gym!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sara & Amanda. I think yesterday I proved to myself that I really want this for myself. It was great!

    ReplyDelete