19 Week Comparison Front

19 Week Comparison Front
300 lbs, 248 lbs. - 52 lb weightloss

60 lbs down and still going!!!

60 lbs down and still going!!!

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Day 80 - FINALLY, I'M A 1 TOWEL GIRL!!!!

I accomplished a HUGE goal I set for myself 80 days ago.  Finally, I am a 1 towel girl!!!!  What does that mean you ask?  Well let me tell you.  A 300 lb girl does not fit into a towel at Lifetime Fitness.  I used to go and bring my own beach towel with me everyday and I would use that.  Literally on day 1 of my journey I told myself that 1 day I would fit a Lifetime towel around my body and today was that day for me.  About a week before I went to Miami I realized that me bringing my beach towel with me everyday was a very negative connotation that I NEEDED that beach towel and that I would NEVER fit a Lifetime towel around me.  So I stopped bringing it.  I just started using 2 towels each day.  Then yesterday I realized that I almost fit into the towel.  WHAT!!!  Seriously!!!  I was elated yesterday about it and I thought maybe another week or so I would completely fit.  Then today I got done with my shower and wrapped that towel around me and IT FIT!!!  OMG!!!  What just happened to me.  So of course I took it off and tried it again and it fit again.  Then I thought there is no way this is fitting around me, let me try a different towel, because remember I always used 2 towels.  Well that one fit too.  I just started crying right then and there in the shower.  I'M A ONE TOWEL GIRL NOW!!!!  I could have just screamed it out!  I am so proud of myself.  Let me tell you, it was a huge goal that I accomplished for myself.  I know it seems silly, but really for me, it was a HUGE goal.  I will NEVER need 2 towels to wrap around my body again!!!!  WOOHOO!!!!


With all that out of my system let me share with you my workout for today.  It was intense and very gratifying if I do say so myself.


Training with Joe


  • 15 min warm up on the Spin bike
  • We did 2 different rotation today 3 sets of each item.  1st we did a Hammer Incline Chest Press - 15 lbs rotating with:
  • Preacher Curls - 40 lbs.
  • Next Rotation was Lat Pulldown - 50 lbs. rotating with
  • Standing Tricep Extension - 20 lbs.
  • 30 floors on the stairmaster at 50 steps a floor for a total of 1500 stairs
  • 60 mins on the SPIN bike - crazy intense levels for me.  I really pushed myself with the intensity levels.
My food has been going GREAT!!!  I'm still loving The Fresh Diet.  I can't stress enough how EASY this diet is.  I have NEVER felt like I was dieting.  It's become just a way of life.  I LOVE the food and the convenience of it.  I never have to think about my caloric intake for the day.  It's already thought out for me.  I tried the eggs for the first time today.  I've been scared to try the eggs only because of my issues with eggs, but I have to say, I LOVED THEM!!!  Honestly, who knew.  That's one of the other GREAT things about The Fresh Diet, all the new foods I am having.  I LOVE THAT!!!  I think I have portions down now also.  I find myself serving a lot smaller portions to my kids also.  Which I think is a good thing.  They haven't even noticed.  I also switched to lunch size plates.  The dinner plates in my house are a thing of the past.

I am just so grateful for all the wonderful people I have met thus far on my journey.  Every day in the gym I have someone new coming up to me telling me I can do it and that I'm inspiring them.  It is mind boggling to me.  EVERYONE in that gym inspires ME!  It's so humbling when someone comes up to me and tells them that I inspire them.  What a weird concept that is for me, but I like it!  I am blessed in my life with all good things.  I am just HAPPY and beyond GRATEFUL for everything that is happening to me.


Food
Breakfast
Country Ham & Cheddar Cheese Omelet with Roasted Tri-Color Bell Pepper
Lunch
Smoked Ham Salad with Green & Yellow Tomato, Bell Pepper, Romaine Lettuce, Ginger Lime Dressing
Dinner
Turkey Sage and Pine nut Meatballs. with Nine Grain Pilaf and Roasted Water Chestnuts
Snack
Sugar Free Pineapple Upside-Down Cake with Maraschino Cherries and Pecans
Dessert
Chocolate Pudding Topped with Toasted Almonds







3 comments:

  1. yay!! doing happy dance for you over here! Celebrate EVERY victory my friend!! What a feeling!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, on your comparison pics--take out the middle ones. I want to see beginning and NOW side by side. What a difference! Amazing Donna--even your smile has changed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sara Gardner!!!! LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!

    ReplyDelete