19 Week Comparison Front

19 Week Comparison Front
300 lbs, 248 lbs. - 52 lb weightloss

60 lbs down and still going!!!

60 lbs down and still going!!!

Friday, May 7, 2010

Day 75

I woke up to a lovely thunderstorm this morning at 4:45am.  In fact as I was getting out of bed my son Tyler crawled into our bed.  The storm woke him up and he was spooked by it.  I have to admit, I was a little spooked by it too!  There was some LOUD thunder out there but I am so grateful for the rain.  We are already in a drought here and it's only May.  This is the driest spring I have ever seen.  I might just have to go outside and do a rain dance. :):):)


I had a great workout with Joe this morning.  The funny thing is that I train with Joe 5 days a week and each day I go into our workouts thinking this is going to be SO EASY and EVERY SINGLE DAY, I AM WRONG!!!  He changes the workouts everyday and so my body has no idea what I'm doing to it.  I LOVE IT!!!  Take today for instance, he showed me our rotation and I thought - this is going to be easy.  Was I wrong!!!  OMG!!!  It was so hard and so intense and that's what I love about my sessions with Joe.  I never know what to expect.  


After my workout I went home because my kids had only a 1/2 day of school today.  So I made sure Emily got in OK and I gave her instructions for Tyler & Grace (they came home an hour later) and then I went and got a haircut.  So I am one to wait for months and months before I will cut my hair.  I never want to spend money on myself.  Also I like longer hair so I don't like to cut it that often.  Well when I started this journey I promised myself that I would take better care of myself and actually treat myself to more stuff.  So it's been 8 weeks since my last haircut and I went in for a trim like any normal person would do.  This is the 1st time that I can remember going in for a trim within a certain time period.  I would go for 5-6 months in the past without cutting my hair.  Never again.  I deserve to have nice hair just like everyone else.  I LOVE my hairstylist Donna.  She's been doing my hair for over 20 years.  She is the BEST.  And for over 20 years she has tried to get me to come in on a regular basis.  So this is a 1st for me.  And I also made my next appointment for 8 weeks from now.  Donna has literally been cutting my hair since I was 16.  She was there for my wedding, she was there for all my relationships, she was there for my 3 kids, she's been there most of my life and I am so grateful to her for always making me feel so beautiful.  She's also seen me at my best and seen me at my worst.  We both agreed, she's NEVER seen me at my goal weight.  I don't remember me ever at 150 lbs.  So she's as excited as I am to see how I turn out. :):):) I am so grateful to Donna for the many years and many memories that we have shared together.  Loyalty means everything to me and I will always be loyal to Donna and her wonderful staff at Salon Coccole.


We are taking the kids to see Iron Man this afternoon.  They are so excited to go and see it and I am too.  It's nice to get lost in a movie every once in awhile.  Ok, so here is my workout for today:


Training with Joe

  • warmed up on the SPIN bike.  Joe was having me do 30 sec sprints.  I have no idea how many I did.  Enough to start the sweat to pour off of me.
  • So we did a rotation of 4 things today.  We did the rotation twice, which believe me was PLENTY!!!  OMG - Today was so hard for me, but I did it.  I'm used to Joe giving me small reps but a lot of rotations.  Today was the opposite, we did large amounts in only 2 sets.  Here's what we did.
  • Assisted jump pull ups. - So this was a new exercise for me.  What he had me do was stand under a straight bar, hold the bar, squat down until my arms were completely straight and then jump up high.  I had to make sure my chin came above  the bar each time.  This was a totally new movement for me and it was HARD to do.  I did 30 of these and then we went into:
  • 30 push ups - then,
  • 40 squats while holding a 20 lb. kettle ball - Oh my legs!!!!
  • 50 kettle ball swings - 20 lb. - My hands were sweating so badly today that I had to keep wiping them off on a towel.  I usually sweat like crazy, but my hands were never this bad before.  I was cracking up by the end of the workout because they just wouldn't stop sweating.  LOVE IT!!!
  • Joe stretched me out.
  • Lastly, you guessed it, the SPIN bike for an hour.  It was a really intense workout too.  My butt is just screaming at me right now.  
I am getting my bloodwork done on Monday.  So I can't workout for 48 hours before the blood is drawn.  I get 2 recovery days.  Hoorah!  I need it!  It's coming at a good time too because there is so much going on this weekend with the kids.  I hope everyone has a great weekend.  I'll be taking and posting my new comparison picture this Monday.


Food

Breakfast
Triple Berry Oatmeal with Toasted Macadamia Nut
Lunch
Maple Glazed Ham Salad with Diced Pears, Toasted Walnuts, Dried Cherries, Baby Lettuce & Raspberry Vinaigrette
Dinner
Roasted Meatballs with Fresh Chimichurri with Maize Orzo and Sauteed Green Beans
Snack
Pineapple Coconut Muffin
Dessert
Wild Berry Cheese Cake













No comments:

Post a Comment