19 Week Comparison Front

19 Week Comparison Front
300 lbs, 248 lbs. - 52 lb weightloss

60 lbs down and still going!!!

60 lbs down and still going!!!

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Day 53

Today is day 4 of Miami.  All I can say is I never in my wildest dreams thought I would ever experience a week like I'm having this week.  I am so overwhelmed and humbled by this experience.  So many people have taken time out of their busy lives this week to help me and to support me and to encourage me and to show love to me.  I sit here tonight and shed many tears because I feel so loved.  How could I ever begin to thank all the people that has been involved in this week.  I don't know, but I pray they know without a doubt how much I appreciate all that they've done for me.  It has been just magical!  Everything I have done and experienced has just inspired me and motivated me to live a healthy lifestyle.  To make my goal of 150 lb weightloss by Oct. 25th.  I am going to do it!  I am going to shed 1/2 of me by the time I turn 40.  Nothing is going to stop me.  My vision of myself is clearer than it's ever been.  I have gone through so many emotional changes these last four days.  I have become mentally & physically stronger.  I can do this.  I know I can.  I can truly envision myself with a 150 lb weightloss and I am beautiful.  I am making it happen and for that I am truly grateful!


This morning I woke up and was finally able to drink water.  I had a bad case of reflux last night and so that made for a long night for me last night.  But today I felt on top of the world.  Nothing was going to stop me.  I walked to Flamingo Park and met Glenn & Danny for a LOVELY workout at the track.  Danny had me stretch right when I got there because I was SO SORE from everything I did yesterday.  After that he had me jog the entire track without stopping.  About halfway around my legs started quivering and I just wanted to quit and walk, but Glenn & Danny really pushed me to keep going and I did it!  I jogged the entire track.  Who knew that was in me.  They did!  Then we went up to the bleachers for an intense upper body and back workout.  Then Danny said we were going to run the bleachers 4x and I said ok, I can do that.  Then Glenn said no, we are going to do them 20x.  REALLY!!! :):):):)  I was up for the challenge though.  I DID IT!!!  So we did it in sets of 3,3,4,4 & 6.  In between each of those sets Danny had me doing some sort of upperbody or back work.  As I walked back to the hotel I felt so invigorated that I had accomplished and survived the workout.  Thank you Glenn & Danny for pushing me this morning.  It was just what I needed to get through the workout!


So then I met Glenn at Chez Badeaux and got pampered.  I was blessed to have Stephanie do my mani & pedi.  She asked me my story and I told her and I just sobbed as I was trying to tell her.  Honestly, me emotions are so high right now.  I NEVER CRY!  And I have cried more these last 3 days than I have these last 3 years.  It's crazy!  As crazy as it sounds, my talking to Stephanie really healed a part of me that I didn't know needed healing.  Thank you Stephanie for making my hands and feet sparkle and for helping me feel beautiful.  You are an amazing person and I am grateful to have spent that time with you this afternoon.  You did more for me to heal my soul than you could ever know just by asking me questions.  You have a beautiful spirit about you.  THANK YOU!!!
Next was my hair.  Evelyn colored my hair and blow dried it straight.  It was wonderful.  I look SO DIFFERENT with straight hair and I actually love it!  Thank you for making me look and feel beautiful Evelyn.  Daniel & Celina stopped by the salon and it was such a pleasure to meet both of them.  What a great afternoon.


BOOTCAMP - So we started bootcamp and I felt a lot of energy and just pure happiness when I started.  Well after we ran, walked, side stepped around this track that they have there my body was just spent.  I could not stop quivering inside.  So I started a workout with Viktoria and it was hard and a challenge but I was giving it my best and then she had me lifting my legs in a high lift and out of the blue my inside just started convulsing.  I was going to throw up.  OMG, instant nausea.  I don't know why or what caused that to come on but it was not a lovely feeling.  So I took a few minutes to shake it off and then she had me do all these stretches and finally we ended bootcamp with an ab workout.  So as we were doing abs I was laying on my back looking up at our universe, at the clouds rolling by and I had such a feeling of peace and serenity overcome me.  This world we live in is so majestic.  I can't remember the last time I just layed down and looked up into the stars.  That is on my todo list when I get home.  Get a blanket and look at the clouds with my kids.  I encourage everyone to do it.  We are so blessed to have such an incredible world to live on.  Daniel came to bootcamp tonight.  It was so fun to see him & Glenn workout.  What a perfect day!  

Tomorrow I have the privilege of going to The Fresh Diet and meeting Zalmi.  I am so excited to meet him and to thank him for giving me this incredible gift.  I would not be here today and experience all that I have experienced this week without Zalmi and The Fresh Diet.  His food has taught me how to live again.  It gives me strength each day to carry on and to be healthy and to live my life to the fullest.  I am blessed to have won this contest and to have The Fresh Diet delivered to my home each and everyday.  For the first time in my life I am eating right.  I am eating a healthy, controlled diet.  I am learning what a portion is and how absolutely tasty real food is.  How do I ever begin to thank Zalmi and The Fresh Diet for giving me this opportunity to eat right and to exercise and to create a new life for myself.  I am blessed to have you in my life.  Thank you! I am so looking forward to tomorrow!



I will update my blog with pictures from this week when I get home.  My computer that I have with me is acting up.  So if you want to see pictures of this week go and check them out on my facebook account.  


Food

Breakfast
Toasted Granola with Diced Pears & Honey Almond Ricotta Cheese
Lunch
Asian Flank Steak on Whole Wheat Roll with Szechwan Style Slaw and Peanut Sauce.
Dinner
Grilled Chicken Breast with Orange Tea Leaf Sauce with Whole Wheat Fettuccine Pasta and Steamed Asparagus
Snack
Mini Veggie Egg Rolls with Peanut Sauce
Dessert
Key Lime Cheese Cake

2 comments:

  1. Donna, I want to see you with the straight hair! So glad you've had this opportunity to go to Miami! I love to read the blog, you inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Anna!!! The pictures are on facebook! I will post them on my blog when I get home. For some reason it doesn't post very well from here with the computer I have with me. THANK YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete