19 Week Comparison Front

19 Week Comparison Front
300 lbs, 248 lbs. - 52 lb weightloss

60 lbs down and still going!!!

60 lbs down and still going!!!

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Day 59

It's Wednesday morning and I just finished writing yesterday's blog.  So I thought why not start todays.  I must say how much I love eating The Fresh Diet.  It's been so easy.  I never think about what I have to eat, or how much I can eat.  It's all portioned out for me.  That's wonderful!  No guessing anymore.  And the food is DELICIOUS!!!  I am blessed to be eating this way and having such an incredible experience with my weightloss.


I have such a bad cold.  OMG!!!  I keep willing myself to get better and it's just not happening.  I have so much drainage. UGH!!!  This is the first "cold" in so long but it's not stopping me.  Before I started this lifestyle I would have just stayed in bed for the day and be miserable.  Now I just carry tissues and purell with me.  I keep going!  I want to increase my floors today on the stairmaster.  I will update the blog when I get home.


I have a busy schedule ahead of me today.  I get the kids off to school at 3 different times this morning.  Emily 7:15, Tyler 7:30, Grace 8:20.  Then I'm off to the gym to workout with Joe at 9:30.  So I should get a good 30 mins of cardio in before and after our workout.  Then I have to go to Tyler's school to volunteer.  Then onto Grace's school by 1 to bring her a special lunch.  Then home to walk Luffy and clean.  Then onto dance at 4:15 and we don't get home from dance until 7:45 on Wednesdays.  Yes, busy day and I LOVE that.  Although I'm looking forward to tomorrow morning because I don't workout with Joe until noon tomorrow so I'll have some quality time in the morning to get stuff done in my house.  We don't ever have the TV on at home until Friday night.  I try and limit TV for the kids until the weekend.  I'm not a big tv person either.  I like to veg out on Sundays and catch up on my shows then in fast forward mode.  Sometimes I'll watch it at night before I go to bed, but I typically end up falling asleep 10 mins into any show. :)


Training with Joe

  • So today Joe warmed me up on the stairstepper for 10 mins and I told him I want to beat my 40 floors after the workout for my cardio today.  So I got off and started walking to the area we were going to train in I say to Joe "Yeah, I feel like I am stronger and my endurance is up"  Joe - "I'm glad you say that, we are going to put your endurance to the test today."  I think GREAT!!!  Why did I open my mouth.  I have no idea what he has in store for me.  So we head over to the stretching area and Joe tells me to wait by the back extension.  So I think GREAT I LOVE the back extension.  Then Joe bring over the SOFT 20 lb medicine ball.  I HATE when he does that because I know what that means - LOWWWWW SQUATS.  I was right - Low squats and he also had me do deadlifts holding the 20 lb. ball.  JOY - So here was our routine - we did 4 rotations!
  • 30 squats - I had to go ALL THE WAY DOWN and touch my butt to the ball and stand up.  The 1st set I had to push up off my knees so then Joe went and got two stands and put them under the ball which raised it up 3 inches.  It was STILL LOW.  But I never used my hands after that.  I was able to do perfect squats.  Then for the 4th and last set he had me hold a 10 lb. ball and squat.  JOY!!!
  • 15 - Back extensions - On my 4th and last set the back of my legs were BURNING like nobody's business.
  • 50 dead lifts - yes, I said 50.  So by the 4th and last set of these I wanted to just throw up.  My LEGS were just quivering like crazy.  But I did it.  So we got done and I asked Joe why he said I would test my endurance.  That was a normal workout, well then he reminded me I said I was going to do the Stairmaster.  OH CRAP!!!  He's right, my legs were JELLO by the time I was done with his workout.  But I told myself going into this workout that I wanted to beat my 40 floors that I did yesterday.  So I went to the bathroom, cooled down and then went to the Stairmaster and I started walking the stairs.  I felt good.  I felt strong.  I got to floor 20 and I thought this is nothing, I can do 50 today.  Around the 40th floor my legs were aching, but I still thought I could get to 50 so I kept going.  Thank goodness for some great music.  I still have my entire playlist on my ipod so I was fast forwarding through songs a lot until I got to a fast song - A lot of The Black Eyed  Peas. :)  So I made it to 50 and I thought, well I'm up here I might as well keep going.  My legs were BURNING.  I got to 55 and the song on my IPOD changed to a slower song which I typically fast forward, but the song was The Climb by Miley Cyrus.  So I listened to the song and it just brought tears galore.  I seriously cried through the whole song, cried and climbed.  So I'm wiping my eyes and Joe gets on the stairmaster next to me.  I was at floor 62 by then Joe was climbing with me and I really pulled from his energy.  I thought maybe I could do the 100 today but by floor 79 I was cramping up and when I hit 80 I pushed stop and climbed down.  Joe jumped down and high fived me and made sure I was ok.  My legs were just shaking but I was fine.  When I went to leave I had to walk down 2 flights of stairs and seriously, my legs were JELLO.  But I did it!  I not only beat my 40 floors, I doubled it.  Tomorrow morning at 6am I am going into the gym and I am doing my 100 floors, 4000 stairs.  I can't wait to see what I can accomplish in the future.  This is amazing for me.  Me, at my weight, climbing all those stairs.  Who would've thought it was possible.  I am doing it!  I feel so alive right now.  This weight of mine is no longer going to control my life.  I am going to control my life.  I feel so blessed and thankful for all the support I have in my life.  I am grateful for last week in Miami.  It was my turning point.  It was my breakthrough.  I am going to not only make my weightloss goal, but I am going to life a healthy active life from now on.  I truly am blessed!



Food

Breakfast
Cherry Vanilla Ricotta Cheese Crepes with Fresh Pineapple
Lunch
Chicken Caesar Salad with Grape Tomato, Romaine Lettuce, Whole Wheat Croutons & Sun Dried Tomato with Caesar Dressing.
Dinner
Grilled Chicken Breast with Spiced Pomegranate Sauce with Rosemary Carrot Mash and Whole Wheat Fusilli Pasta
Snack
Vanilla Pecan Pudding
Dessert
Raspberry Cheese Cake







2 comments:

  1. LOOK AT THAT TAN at 270lbs.....could it be that miami sun! lol Looks like your related to DANNY!

    XOXO GLENN

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO GlENN!!! Yes, I think it's that Miami Sun at the PRIDE event. That's what did it to me. :):):) LOVE IT!!! So I have everyone at the gym asking me where I got my tan and of course I have to tell them about my experience down in Miami and The Fresh Diet. It's been amazing! I LOVE DANNY!!! He is an incredible trainer. Have some good workouts with him! I miss you guys already!

    ReplyDelete